How to Take an Online Course
This course will provide participants with the skills necessary to be a successful online learner. Participants will take a practice online course enabling them to gain experience and skill with important online training tools. Learn to succeed in an online learning environment and discover where to find information about the many courses offered online.
Who Should Take this Course
This class is for anyone with knowledge of PCs and the Internet who wants to learn the benefits of online learning, as well as tools and techniques for being a successful online learner.
Why Take an Online Course
- Online courses provide access worldwide to education and training not available locally
- Online courses are convenient and flexible - you can work on your own time, not on a rigid class schedule
- Online courses allow participants to take classes and work, care for children, etc.
- Online courses save commuting costs and time
- Resources are always available online - you can't "miss" a class
- Know what it's like to be an online student
- Gain skills needed for taking an online course
- Understand factors leading to success in online courses
- Use resources for finding online course offerings
- Know how to set up a computer for an online course
Additional Course Information
- Each class consists of 2 three-hour sessions.
- For any class, the first session (A) must be taken before the second session (B).
- Additional instructor assistance is available either between, before, or after sessions (instructor will provide details).
- Each class session will include several breaks.
- Participants must complete both sessions A and B of a class in order to receive a Certificate of Completion.