Social Media Marketing: Promoting Your Business
This course will provide hands-on experience establishing and using social media accounts. You'll leave these sessions with at least two ready-to-go social media accounts for your business according to your business needs. Classes include a combination of lectures, demonstrations, interactive group exercises, and hands-on computer training.
Who Should Take this Course
This course is for entrepreneurs, artists, artisans, and small business owners who would like to expand their market, reach new audiences, or save money on advertising with social media. This course requires a basic understanding of the Internet. Social Media Marketing: Choosing the Right Tools is helpful, but not required.
Prerequisites include the ability to
- Send and receive e-mail
- Type a URL in a browser address line
- Create, store, find, rename, retrieve, and delete folders and files on a hard drive, CD-ROM, and USB (stick) drive (PC system navigation)
- Upload and download files
- Log in with a password and log out
- Open links in a browser
- Create a file and add content to it
- Save work
- Set up a Facebook account and connect using Facebook tools
- Create a Facebook page for your business
- Strategies and tools for SEO - Search Engine Optimization
- Research and create key words that are in line with key messges for target market(s)
- Measure and monitor your online performance
- Update your social media plan and calendar
- Know about mobile devices like smartphones and tablets
- Use geolocation tools
- How to research social media demographics and usage, and determine which social media are used by your target market and industry
- How to identify niche social media outlets using directories and other resources
- Use online social sharing buttons (Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Flickr, Digg, etc.)
Additional Course Information
- Each class consists of 2 three-hour sessions.
- For any class, the first session (A) must be taken before the second session (B).
- Additional instructor assistance is available either between, before, or after sessions (instructor will provide details).
- Each class session will include breaks.
- Additional lab time may be available, depending on availability of instructor(s)
- Participants must complete both sessions A and B of a class in order to receive a Certificate of Completion.